Retail and Admissions Team Leader
It's inspiring the team who present magnificence every day
It’s the collaboration and the community spirit. And it’s helping millions enjoy magnificent buildings and beautiful art. This is what makes working for Royal Collection Trust so different.
Every year thousands of people from around the world visit the Palace of Holyroodhouse, exploring its rich history, and the treasures on display. Whether you're selling the ticket that starts it all, or the gift that provides the perfect ending, you'll be a vital part of each visitor's experience.
Supporting the Retail and Admissions management team, you'll make sure that the team are ready to meet the day's demands, offering a warm welcome to every customer who comes through the door.
Every day, you'll engage the team in briefings, answer questions, and inspire them to deliver exceptional customer service.
What you’ll be doing:
- Direct supervision of the team
- Running daily briefings, training and performance reviews for your team.
- Ensure the smooth running of your area, monitoring staffing, security and customer satisfaction.
- Act as a point of escalation for issues that arise in the day-to-day operation.
- Provide excellent customer service, always maintaining a friendly and professional service.
- Ensure the safety and security of the visitors and the site.
You’re friendly, confident, and a great communicator, with the ability to motivate a team to deliver excellent customer service.
You’re an outstanding team player, cool and calm under pressure, and you enjoy getting the best out of people.
Comfortable working indoors or outdoors and spending most of the day on your feet, you’re also flexible enough to work weekends and evenings.
Above all, though, you know what it takes to create the kind of customer experience that leaves a lasting and positive impression.
This is your opportunity to use your supervisory skills to deliver the exceptional and experience working as part of a team in a unique and historic setting.
What we offer:
- Free sandwich lunch
- Full training offered
- Uniform provided
- A dedicated and social team
This vacancy is closed to applications.